Thursday, April 4, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Synopsis:
Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


My review:
5 AMAZING STARS!!!!!
WOW! What can I say to describe to you all exactly how I feel about this book? I wasn't certain how I was going to feel about this book when I first read that it would be the same story from Travis's POV. I mean I honestly thought to myself "Well that's not original at all". I was wrong! I was so so sooooooo WRONG! I already loved Travis after reading Beautiful Disaster but after reading this book and climbing inside Travis's head I fell in love all over again and HARDER! The emotion I felt from the prologue puts everything i already knew about Travis into perspective. And as I was reading through and yes, re-reading scenes from Beautiful Disaster fro another POV everything just made more sense to me. I get it now. Scenes from BD where I wish I could have just throat punched Travis made me want to hold him and nurture him in WD. And OH MY GOD! The epilogue.... I can't really go into details about my feelings for the epilogue without giving it away but let me tell you that you need to read this book just to read the epilogue. I was mind blown and it made my heart melt at the same time. Before I leave you all to stew over my thoughts on this book I would like to make it a point to say that even though this is "the same story" just a different POV as BD I recommend that you first read BD if you haven't already. There are points in this book that you NEED to know what Abby's thought process is before reading Travis's or you'll end up wanting to throat punch Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment